Glenn Menezes, SJ
The Communications Ministry has taken shape in the form of training students in the media at St. Xavier’s College, Hathroi Fort, Jaipur. Various aspects of media are taught through different departments. Listed below are the programs being conducted.
- DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH JOURNALISM AND COMMUNICATION
- Seven days National Blogging workshop in collaboration with Jaipur Women Blog (JWB)organised with a participation of 100 students from 6- 12 September 2016. The resource persons were bloggers of national repute who came from Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru along with the in house blogging team of JWB. They covered aspects like Fashion, Food, Travel and Video Blogging. Three students, Cyrus Edwin, AkshitaRana, Aastha Agarwal won paid internships with JWB.
- Publication of the second volume of Chiclit, the print magazine created by the Department of English Journalism and Communication. The magazine was released on 11 September 2016.
- Five day workshop on Photography and Editing held from 28 July- 1 August 2016 with Mr.ShamsuzZoha (NDTV, Rajasthan) as the workshop resource person.
- Ten day workshop on Broadcast Communication held from 21-30 November 2015 with Mr. Rajesh Asnani (Bureau Chief, LIVE INDIA TV) and Mr.ShamsuzZoha (Cameraperson and Editor, NDTV, Rajasthan) as mentors. Two annual workshops in audio-visual production have been held since November 2014 and resulted in the production of 10 short films. A Ten day workshop on Audio Visual Production is scheduled in December 2016.
- A Seven day workshop on Print Journalism from 14-20 October 2016 with journalist Ms.TabeenahAnjum, Deccan Herald, Bureau In charge, Rajasthan, as the resource person.
- The annual Film Criticism Lecture Series was organised over the month of September 2015 with Dr.RituSen (PhD, Literature Film Studies) as the resource person. The lecture series are scheduled for November 2016.
- Regular guest lectures have been conducted over the last two sessions with speakers
Mr.VirenderChoudhary, LIVE INDIA TV
Ms.Nandini Singh, Freelance Journalist, BBC
Ms.HarshaKumari Singh, NDTV, Rajasthan
Mr.Shoeb Khan, Times of India
- DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE ARTS
Coordinator: Ms.Chandna Singh
- a) 3-month training in Playback Theatre from 6th Dec. 2014 to 1st March2015.
- b) 3-day workshop conducted by Mr.AbhishekGoswami on Lights and Stage design.
- c) Production entitled Shakespeare Then and Now performed at Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University.
- d) Participated in the National Drama competition organised by the Shakespeare Society of India
- e) Attended the Jaipur Theatre Festival, 2015 and 2016.
- f) 6-month training in Playback Theatre from 12thSeptember to 1stMarch 2016
- g) One week workshop conducted by Mr.Bikram Ghosh, Tadpole Repertory, New Delhi
- h) A production based on Hamlet entitled Omelette: The Chef of Denmark was performed at St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University.
- i) Participated in the National Drama Competition organised by the Shakespeare Society of India, 2016.
- j) 6-month certificate course starting from 22nd August 2016.
- k) 1 week workshop on Theatre Basics by Mr.NeerajKadela
- l) 2-months training in Mime
- m) 1-month workshop by Tadpole Repertory, New Delhi, starting in November 2016 and culminating with a production.
- n) Publication: Broadway Buzz, the department magazine, August 2016.
- PHOTOGRPHY CLUB
- i) Imera 14, 15, 16, a photo exhibiton held every year
- ii) workshops on nightscapes and light paintings, night trips for astro-photography
- Software training
-short term courses in corel draw, photoshop, adobe premiere and graphic design.
Professional Photography and Video Production equipment used for training students. Colour Printers for short run print material.