Scaria Panthamackal, SJ
- Pastoral Activities in the province
December 2014 Province days articulated the vision and mission of Jesuits of Delhi Province. In the light of this, Province Pastoral commission, in its meeting on 13th February 2015 made a vision statement for pastoral ministry and drawn out 12 action plans.
- Vision Statement of the Pastoral Ministry:
Pastoral ministry of the Delhi province envisages deepening the personal love for Jesus Christ in the community of believers so as to empower them to live their Christian life dynamically as leaven, salt and light.
- Mission of the Pastoral Ministry:
The Pastoral Ministry of Delhi Province seeks to commit itself to the pastoral goals and policies of the local Church and to participate in the apostolic priorities of the Society as well as in the mission plan of the province. It further aspires to enable the parish to be an evangelized and evangelizing community committed to “justice, Dialogue Peace and reconciliation.
Pastoral Ministry will be characterized by the following features of “our way of proceeding”:
- Deep personal love for Jesus Christ
- Energized by Ignatian Spirituality
- Current needs call for creativity
- To live in solidarity with those most in need
- Open to Ecumenical & Inter Religious dialogue and Inculturation
- Partnership with others
- Action Plan:
The Pastoral Ministry proposes and adopts for itself the following action plan for the articulated vision and mission statements given above.
1) To nourish the faithful regularly with the life drawn from the Word of God, the Eucharist, other Sacraments and teaching of the church so that they may share the same life with others in joy.
2) To strengthen them with the spiritual and emotional power through relevant devotions and Para-liturgical celebrations in creative ways.
3) The pastors will make sure of regular instructions in catechism are given to children and adults as the need be.
4) Those entrusted with the pastoral care will seek to know the faithful in their parish, and so will undertake regular family visits giving adequate time to interact at a considerable depth.
5) The pastors will reach out to the individuals and families by way of sharing in their cares and anxieties, and in their sorrows.
6) The pastors will diligently seek out the poor, the suffering, the lonely, and those exiled or alienated from their homeland, irrespective of their caste, creed and colour.
7) The pastors will foster in the faithful a sense of their own identity.
8) The pastors will endeavour with the believers to make the church a source of unity promoting the activities of reconciliation and fellowship based on justice among them.
9) Pastors will enter into networking with all the agents of good will to foster the reality of One God and one Human family through inter religious dialogue.
10) Establish and empower Small Christian Communities to form Human Communities to work for the Reign of God.
11) Educate the faithful with regard to the meaning and celebration of the Eucharist and other aspects of liturgical practices.
12) To energise the faithful aspects of Ignatian Spirituality such as discernment etc.
- Some Statistics
- Total No of Parishes: 8 Total Catholic Families Served: 460, Catholics: [approx.]: 2000
# Almora is a parish with 6 Catholics
#Allahabad is a Parish with 7 Catholic families
- Total No of Pastors: Full time -3, Part time- 6, Total -9
- Dioceses where Delhi Jesuits do pastoral work
Bishop: Rt. Rev. RaphyManjaly,D.D.
32, ThornhillRoard, U. P. – 211012
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Ignatius D’Sousa, D.D.
63 Cant, Bareilly, U. P. – 243001
Archbishop: Most Rev. Anil J.T. Couto, D.D.
Ashok Place, New Delhi 110001
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Oswald Lewis ,D.D.
Ghat Gate, Jaipur
Rajasthan – 302003
- Simla – Chandigarh
Bishop: Ignatius Mascarenhas, D.D.
Sector 19-A, P.B.709, Chandigarh 160019
- Parishes and Parish priests of the Province Delhi
|1||Sebastian Mukalel||St. Xavier’s Church
Ashok Marg, Jaipur
Rajasthan – 302001
|2||Sebastian Assarikudy||St. Xavier’s Church
C/o St. Xavier’s School ,
Behror, Alwar Dt.
Rajasthan – 301701
|3||Fr. Paul Chemparathy||St. Ignatius’ Church
C/O. Xavier’s School
P.B 28, B.S. Colony
Bhiwadi, Alwar Dt.
Rajasthan – 301019
|4||George Manimala||St. Xavier’s Church
Sector 26, Rohini
|St. Vincent de Paul Church
House No: 1, H block
Jahangirpuri, Delhi 110033
|6||Jose Kuriakose||Good Shepherd’s Church
|7||Soosai Mani||Queen of Apostles’s Church
C/o Shanti Sadan
28-B, Chatham Lines
Allahabad, U.P.- 211002
|8||SavariapaJabamalai||St. Xavier’s Church
Xavier SEVA Kendra
Ranidhara Top, HiraDungri
Almora, Uttarakhand -263601